Friday, July 26, 2013

DIY : Globe Earring Holder



Hello everyone, happy Friday.  Many of you know I am a fan of vintage and displaying my jewelry in unique ways. So, when I came across this globe at a garage sale I wanted to use it in the decor of my house. I looked on Pinterest, but nothing struck my fancy. After days of thinking, I came up with using the globe to display my earrings.  It is the same concept of an earring tree and it is a very easy project to complete.


Materials needed for this project are a globe, drill, drill bit, silver spray paint, dark stain, paper towel and earrings.


First, I took the globe off and painted the piece that holds the globe silver with silver spray paint. 



Second, I wanted the globe to have more of a vintage feel. I put dark stain on a paper towel and wet it down with a few drops of water. Then, I  rubbed this power towel all over globe. You probably want to wear gloves unlike me!



Third, take your drill and make holes about 2  1/2 inches to 3 inches apart.

 I made 30 holes, this will vary depending on the size of the globe.



Fourth, place your earrings through the holes in the globe. Obviously this only works with earrings that have a hook on the end, but if you have many like me, this project will be great.


Mission accomplished, my jewelry is displayed and is easily accessible.



What do you think?

Have a great weekend.
Dear Creatives

5 comments:

  1. This is an amazing idea. My dresser is always a mess with my earrings all over. Not only does this keep the dresser clear, but the earrings are on display, so I can easily choose the pair that I want! Thank you for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, and decorative as well! I enjoy the fact that something useful has become even more functional, mapping the world to your earrings!
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve DIY!!!

    http://www.valstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...