Monday, December 17, 2012

Plaid can be Rad

Usually when I wear plaid, I felt like it never had that "modern" feel. But plaid, can be rad paired with a leather bottom. Plaid and leather are be trends for fall 2012 as I have posted before, so why not put them together.


F21: Plaid Sweater, F21 leather skirt- Similar, Zara Chambray top- Similar , H&M Crystal Earrings- Similar


One thing that makes this outfit complete is having a chambray shirt in your closet. I have a couple. I scored this Zara chambray shirt at a consignment shop in NYC. I am drawn to this one more often than the others in my closet, because it is a lighter material- almost a bleached look. I feel like this shirt is a must and I don't care what your style type this can go with everything. I found a few I loved, in case your looking to add one to your wardrobe.

Madewell: Perfect Chambray Ex- Boyfirend Shirt

J.Crew Chambray Popover
Ali & Kris Western Snap Shirt

Do you like the mix of plaid and leather? Do you have a chambray shirt in your closet?
Linking up at Visible MondayMonday Mingle, and Watch What I'm Wearing.

Don't my Firmoo Glasses Voucher Giveaway, I still have twenty-one $20.00 vouchers to giveaway.

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous look, Carrie, combining two trends (that really are classics, too). And I also love a chambray shirt - I have one and wear it a *lot*. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sporting chambray this week too. It is an essential!

    Nicole
    http://www.momtrends.com/2012/12/j-brand-cigarette-jeans/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to go out and find some plaid items. Everyone is wearing it and I don't have any in my closet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and I love the plaid and leather and chambray combo! I bout a vintage red Buffalo plaid jacket (don't know if you saw it on my blog) that I adore and I never thought I would be a plaid fan until then. You styled this in such a modern way...LOVE!
    Sheree xxx
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love buffalo plaid. Great outfit. I need a light colour chambray shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...