Monday, August 27, 2012

When shopping....

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was out and about getting last minute school stuff and I noticed the stores are obviously very busy. Most of us will be doing some fall shopping to add a few pieces to our current wardrobe. If you are not sure what looks good on your body style, stores offer a personal shopper. If that is not for you, but you plan on going shopping with a friend. Here are a couple of tips:

1. Make sure to take a friend that will give you an honest opinion, you don't need to hear "yeah that looks good on you" when it really doesn't match your style or body type.
2.Have a list of the items you definitely need.  For example, everyone should get a new white collared shirt every Fall.
3.If you have a small budget for Fall invest in some new accessories to add to your current wardrobe.
4. If you like to shop by yourself, research on the Internet or magazines to gauge what looks good on your body type. When you go into a store, sometimes what happens to be on the mannequin may not be right for you.
5. Last, but not least, make sure to look at yourself from the front and behind in a mirror. Something may look okay in the front, but not so good on the back. 

These tips are straight forward, but I think that is why many of my friends ask for my opinion, because I am going to tell you if it looks good and I truly believe you should always go with what makes you feel good, not others!

I am posting today one of the last of my favorite vintage dresses. Now, this style is reminiscent of the 70's, but I love the details on the sleeves and neckline.  The dress really seems to flow. I added a new wide belt that I recently purchased.




Linking up at Visible Monday and Thrifters Anonymous, check out these fabulous ladies.

4 comments:

  1. Good advice for shopping, Carrie. I like to shop alone, at least for "serious" shopping, because I'm more critical of the garments then. Love this floaty 70's dress and the way you styled it! Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress
    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress! Love the color on you!
    Great advise! My daughter says I'm her shopping buddy b/c I tell it like it is. Also probably b/c I pay for her things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the print of the dress is so cool, sweet and chic :)

    WhiteCloset Fashion Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...