Friday, May 25, 2012

Pedestrian Crossing

 Happy Friday, and I am sure you guys are as pumped up about the long weekend as I am! I plan on going to the pool as the forecast calls for 90 degrees! Also, I need to catch up on some DVR of the Bachlorette. Well, this is my checked neon J.Crew shirt that I purchased at the thrift store for $5.00 that I had mentioned in my retro maxi skirt post. The size of the shirt is a little larger than I normally wear, but I wasn't letting this shirt go. I thought I could wear it baggier and roll the sleeves. I paired this shirt with this skirt from Forever 21 that I purchased last season. My favorite characteristic of the skirt besides the crochet layering is the full length zipper in the back. I paired it with a pair of  Guess Nude heels (they are becoming one of my favorite shoes) and a great silver balled necklace.
There is always a funny story behind this picture. I am not sure why they have a pedesteian crossing sign here because the speed limit is 55 on this road and the cars travel that and more. So,  I look like I am taking a stroll, but I am saying "Ok. Take it fast, so I don't get run over!"





This shirt incorporates the neon with a nude color.





These are a few pieces that I found available that are similar to the ones in my outfit.  I have worn my silver balled necklace for years and the one I found on Etsy looks like a great necklace at a great price.

Mini- Gingham Shirt- J.Crew ($75.00)


Tiered Crochet Skirt- Urban Outfitters $54.00
THe Gladiator Chunk Bib Necklace by Design by Liz ($68.00)

I found a few nude pumps that would be great through many different seasons. I think all of these are great price points and styles.

Guess Verna Pump ($44.95)





Fergalicious Eileen Pump ($39.95)



L'Atelier London Erin Sandal- ($69.95)
Franco Sarto Sandal ($49.95)


I hope everyone has a great weekend. Do you have any special plans over the long weekend? Which of the nude pumps is your favorite?


Linking up at Marionberry Style.

8 comments:

  1. Love the neon and neutral look! Great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done the shirt well---I agree that sometimes a great find (and price!) means you have to be open to wearing it differently and often I like a "bigger" look--especially when you've got such a great formfititng skirt to pair with it. I am a HUGE nude show fan and have FIVE different pair---one pair of flats (Steve Madden) and four heel or wedge versions (oddly enough, when I looked, all of them are Nine West). They give such a pretty leg look and just go with everything. My pick from those you showed....probably the "Erin" because of the dainy ankle strap---so feminine but wow! Have a great holiday---you've got me hunting for neon now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops...guess I moved too quickly. I'm a huge nude SHOE fan....is that Freudian?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE every part of this look, the colour combination is stunning & I love the statement necklace.

    We don't have a long weekend here but I hope you enjoy yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely skirt!

    http://gizemizmirli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, that's a super look and your model long legs are the perfect compliment!
    Love the crosswalk sign in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great skirt! and the yellow makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. You'd stop traffic in that skirt (even at 60mph). Have a fashionable and fab weekend,

    Nicole
    http://www.momtrends.com/2012/05/maxi-skirts/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...