Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Emergence of "Why Shop When You Can Swap?"

Last summer, I was cleaning out my jewelry box and found great jewelry that I didn't care for anymore. This jewelry I didn't want to sell at my garage sale, and I thought some of my friends would like to have this jewelry. I did some research online and  came across information about clothes swap parties. I thought that won't work unless most of your friends are the same size. So, I thought why not an accessory party? I got right on Evite.com and began my invitation entitled, "Why Shop When You Can Swap?" I had each girl bring 5 to 7 items. Accessories that could be included were scarves, shoes,earrings,rings,necklaces, or purses. Everyone brought an appetizer to share, accessories  and we had a fabulous time. The items that were left over were donated. I still love the items pictured below. Since then, I have been invited to 4 more swap parties ranging from accessories to household items. I love to see that the idea has caught on. This a great inexpensive way to get rid of your unwanted items and get new treasures.




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to gather with friends & get some great treasures for $0.00's! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was a great time and I still wear these pieces all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...